Posted to uk.business.agriculture,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation
Tim Lamb Tim Lamb is offline

In message >, Robert Seago
> writes
>In article >,
> Tim Lamb > wrote:
>

>> Stop the
>> Forestry Commission interfering with tree felling outside woodland
>> areas.

>I'm sure the answer will be yes, but have any of you actually had
>problems? In all honesty I have never experienced any unreasonable
>interference from the forestry comission concerning felling.

5 cubic metres is less than one mature Oak here. I do not need the
hassle of asking permission to fell and being required to replant under
compulsion.

I have planted trees because I enjoy doing so. They will not be
harvested in my lifetime. There is a perception that a sapling belongs
to the person who caused the planting. However, at 100mm that sapling
undergoes a transition and falls under the control of others who had no
interest or input for the previous 20 or so years.

regards

--
Tim Lamb