Posted to uk.business.agriculture,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.current-events.bird-flu
( _ /) ( _ /) is offline

Default Eat less meat

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 08:30:29 -0000, "Buddenbrooks" >
wrote:

>"Oz" > wrote in message
> >
>> Also to note that all decaying plant matter emits methane, remember the
>> fuss when they recently discovered vast amounts were being emitted by
>> topsoils worldwide.
>>

> In an area of Salisbury which had a building estate using an ex-city dump
>there was a sudden need to dig holes to release gas safely. The dump had
>been disused for decades and had been deemed inactive.
>
> I find it astonishing that it is accepted that a super-computer is needed
>to inaccurately predict weather and yet "obvious aint it" is applied to the
>global warming problem.
>
>It will be interesting to see what the coming credit crunch driven downturn
>in the economy does to people's views as jobs disappear and people realize
>that
>keeping the worlds economy going and reducing emissions is not going to be
>easy.

You are sort of missing the point. The global economy as we know it is
completely unsustainable, wasteful and destructive short cut to
destruction. The sooner we get rid of the idiocy of a material society
the better.

Then of course everything else will fall in to place.

Anyone who thinks we can carry on as we are is living in cuckoo land.