googlesux

Default Animal Collateral Deaths

"rick etter" > wrote in message >...

> That's the point bozo, you, and no other vegan here has ever even tried to
> discover if you really *are* causeing less death and suffering.
> fact is, none of you will even try, even if you were smart enough to know
> how.

So your claim is that the production of vegetation for human
consumption causes MORE death and suffering than does the production
of all meat and dairy products AND the vegetation that's used to feed
the meat, fish, and dairy producing animals? Do you really think it's
necessary to do the math to find that patently false?

> I don't really see
> > why there are people here trying to remind the vegetarians and vegans
> > that they are still causing some collateral deaths. This is like
> > reminding firemen that some people still die in fires.

> ======================
> Again, analogies are hard for you, aren't they? Firemen don't claim to
> *start* fewer fires they everybody else. that's
> what you hypocrites try to claim, without ever providing any proof. In
> fact, your inane posts to usenet prove just the opposite,
> that you really acre nothing about causing unnecessary animal death and
> sufering for no more reason than your entertainment.

I don't think vegetarians or vegans are making any claims of the scope
you are. I think the burden is on you to provide proof of the claim
stated above (unless I've phrased your claim incorrectly) before
anyone need try to disprove it. That's like asking someone to prove
there's no god instead of first trying to prove there is a god.

BTW, the fireman analogy I used had nothing to do with starting fires.
Again, if your claim is proven true, then the analogy doesn't work,
but until it's proven true, I think it's a pretty good analogy. If all
combined efforts to provide vegan diets cause more death and suffering
than all combined efforts to provide meat, fish and dairy for
non-vegan diets then your claim is true. I seriously doubt you could
find any group of agriculturalists, biologists, and statisticians who
could manage to prove that claim.

Also, I've never stated that I'm a vegan or vegetarian.

Finally, I have no idea what this last sentence is supposed to mean: