Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Meat slicer?

cybercat wrote:

> I am still roasting things for sandwiches. My knives are fine, but I was
> thinking tonight how much easier it would be to slice on a deli type slicer.
>
> Do they make small models of these? Anyone have one?

The small ones work well enough, but you don't use them that often
because they are a bit of a pain to clean after use. Of course the same
cleaning issue applies if you go to the used restaurant supply place and
get the real deal. Certainly they are great for getting consistent
thickness slices of meats, potatoes for chips, vegetables, etc.