Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
[email protected] govegan3@gmail.com is offline

Default Chipolte Salsa: Usable recipe?

> On Mar 12, 5:38 am, > wrote:.
> > MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS.

> > Kevin Taylor, Café Iguana, Denver, Colorado

> > 3 cups chopped tomatoes
> > 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
> > 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
> > 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (sold
> > at Latin American markets)
> > 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

> > Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.

I made this tonight. Luckily my neighborhood borders on a Latin
American neighborhood. No shortage of hispanic groceries. I had to
use a blender to break apart the chipoltes, but everything blended
well in my wimpy blender.

I now understand what you mean about the chipoltes. They are
powerful.

I went slightly over your 1.5 tablespoons.

The recipe is slightly too hot, but it is very good and it only cost a
little over $2 to make enough for a stew pot full of black beans and
brown rice.

I just need to reduce the chipoltes and crank up the cilantro.

Next week!

It will feel so good NOT spending $8 on salsa anymore.