Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
[email protected] govegan3@gmail.com is offline

Default Chipolte Salsa: Usable recipe?

On Mar 12, 5:38 am, > wrote:
> > * Small can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
> > * Small can tomato sauce
> > * Garlic powdered
> > * Dried oregano

> What country is the recipe from?

I have no idea. I got it off of ehow.com:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2195061_quic...tle-salsa.html

> I found this at epicurious.com.
> MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS.
>
> Kevin Taylor, Café Iguana, Denver, Colorado
>
> 3 cups chopped tomatoes
> 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
> 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
> 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (sold
> at Latin American markets)
> 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
>
> Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.

Thanks Louise!

I don't plan on cooking it, I just want to stir it into a finished
pot of rice and beans, as I do with store bought salsa. Like I wrote
the *good* salsa from the store was costing me about $8, which is
ridiculous. That is why is why I was looking for a recipe I could
make on my own easily and cheaply.