Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.current-events.bird-flu
Osvald Hotz De Baar Osvald Hotz De Baar is offline

Default Eat less meat

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:33:37 +1100, Jeßus >
wrote:

>Osvald Hotz De Baar wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:36:18 +1100, Jeßus >
>> wrote:

>>> Why avoid the REAL problem?
>>> You should be campaigning to stop people breeding like rats.
>>> But of course, no one wants to touch that one with a barge pole...

>> You are of course right. The UK is currently experiencing a free for
>> all when it comes to immigration. Not just for jobs, these people are
>> staying here and breeding in huge numbers.
>>
>> Whilst on paper (after they have cooked the books) it would seem we
>> have the same amount of people as we always had, give or take, but in
>> reality almost everyone in the UK is starting to feel a foreigner in
>> their own country. Sadly it's probably too late to change anything
>> now, our society has been watered down to obscurity already.

>Well, immigration is really a separate issue to overpopulation, which is
>*the* #1 problem regardless of where they might be.

It's the immigrants breeding that is causing the feeling of
overpopulation. I live in London and can see first hand the dilution
of Britain. Without doubt the largest increase in so few years is of
East Europeans.

Not their fault. If our politicians are stupid enough to open the
floodgates and keep them open then we can only blame them.

Politicians seem to have an aversion to seeing the long term picture.
Either that or their ivory towers are just too well insulated from the
rest of us.

>We could become 1000 times more efficient in food production overnight,
>give *everyone* as much food as they need - all that will happen is an
>even faster increase in population growth. Humans will breed to whatever
>the breaking point is in their region.

Same in wildlife really.

>> In the meantime Eat less meat

>Probably particularly relevant to Westerners, but yes - 'we' tend to eat
>too much meat, irrespective of personal views on whether to be Vegan or not.

Quite. Forget veggie or not, it's gone beyond that. We now need to
start thinking about saving our planet.