Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.current-events.bird-flu
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default Eat less meat

"Osvald Hotz De Baar" > wrote
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:39:06 GMT, "Dutch" > wrote:
>
>>"( _ /)" > wrote
>>> Eat less meat
>>>

>>How about just eat less, consume less, PERIOD? Why pick on meat? You
>>wouldn't have an ummm hidden agenda, would you?

> Obesity is a serious problem due to animal products entirely. So
> therefore Eat less meat

That is inaccurate, obesity is a serious problem which is a direct result of
excessive consumption, measured in calories. Therefore consume fewer
calories.

Also reconsider the energy argument. Meat is frequently, as in my case,
raised a few miles from where it is sold, so the energy expended to
transport it to market, per calorie, is very small, whereas products like,
say, bananas, require a large expenditure of energy to transport them, say,
from Equador to New York. Therefore eat less bananas.