Posted to alt.food.barbecue
JR[_3_] JR[_3_] is offline

Default Making pulled pork in a 22 inch Weber kettle charcoal grill.

On Mar 11, 2:41*pm, "Frank" > wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I live in the Netherlands where there are fewer smokers but so much more
> charcoal grill's.
>
> I'm looking on many US sites and see all these recepies for pulled pork but
> these are mostly all done on a smoker.
>
> Is there someone out there with good idea's or suggestions how to do this
> not on a smoker but on a 22inch Weber kettle charcoal grill?
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Frank,

It is really quite easy to do a great pulled pork or anything BBQ (low
and slow) on a Weber Kettle grill. I actually started BBQ'ing on a
Weber back in 1993.

In order to convert the Weber into a great smoker you put a small pile
(2 or 3 handfulls worth) of hot coals on one side of the kettle i.e.
the handle side. Fill an approx. 9x13" aluminum pan about half full
with water and slide it up next to the coals. Put the top rack back on
and then you can follow any recipe you would like for the pulled pork
by placing the pork on the oppisite side away fron the coals. But
don't just limit yourself to the pulled pork it will also make great
chicken, beef brisket and much more.

One other tip is to put a metal candy thermomiter in the top holes of
the lid and try to keep the temp around 200-225 degrees F. You will
need to add charcoal (I prefer lump charcoal) every once and a while
to keep the temp in the right range. You may also need to replenish
the water in the pan every once and a while. Enjoy!