Posted to alt.food.barbecue
yetanotherBob yetanotherBob is offline

Default Making pulled pork in a 22 inch Weber kettle charcoal grill.

In article >,
says...
> Hello everybody,
> I live in the Netherlands where there are fewer smokers but so much more
> charcoal grill's.
>
> I'm looking on many US sites and see all these recepies for pulled pork but
> these are mostly all done on a smoker.
>
> Is there someone out there with good idea's or suggestions how to do this
> not on a smoker but on a 22inch Weber kettle charcoal grill?
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

You need to use the "indirect" method with the Weber kettle grills to do
low-and-slow smoking and barbecue. That simply means keeping the hot
charcoal on one side of the fire pit and the meat on the opposite side
of the grill above. You need to control the temperature of the fire by
adjusting the draft. You can monitor the temperature by dropping the
stem of a dial thermometer through one of the the dome draft holes on
the Weber grill dome.

For smaller cuts of meat, you can divide the coals up into two portions,
kept off to two sides of the fire pit, then put the meat in the middle.

Either way, you'll probably have to turn the meat and replenish the
charcoal a couple of times during a long cook. Wood for smoking is
usually placed directly on the hot coals.

You should be able to Google on the words "weber grill indirect" and
find some hints and illustrations on this technique.

Bob