Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Frank[_4_] Frank[_4_] is offline

Default Making pulled pork in a 22 inch Weber kettle charcoal grill.

"Pete C." > schreef in bericht
> Frank wrote:
> >
> > Hello everybody,
> > I live in the Netherlands where there are fewer smokers but so much more
> > charcoal grill's.
> >
> > I'm looking on many US sites and see all these recepies for pulled pork

but
> > these are mostly all done on a smoker.
> >
> > Is there someone out there with good idea's or suggestions how to do

this
> > not on a smoker but on a 22inch Weber kettle charcoal grill?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Frank

> Look in the BBQ FAQ at the info on the "bullet" type smokers, they are
> similar though a bit taller, so you can adapt their techniques. A kettle
> grill with the big dome lid can work if you put something like a foil
> wrapped tray of sand between the heat source and the meat. Use foil
> wrapped packets of wood chips with a few holes poked in them, or one of
> the cast metal wood chip smoker boxes on the coals for the heat.

I've tried that a couple of times while trying to make jerky. The biggest
problem though is the heat. A kettle comes to a much higher heat then what I
read in the "how to's", even if I cover the brikkettes with a pan of (wet)
sand.