Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Making pulled pork in a 22 inch Weber kettle charcoal grill.

Frank wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I live in the Netherlands where there are fewer smokers but so much more
> charcoal grill's.
>
> I'm looking on many US sites and see all these recepies for pulled pork but
> these are mostly all done on a smoker.
>
> Is there someone out there with good idea's or suggestions how to do this
> not on a smoker but on a 22inch Weber kettle charcoal grill?
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Look in the BBQ FAQ at the info on the "bullet" type smokers, they are
similar though a bit taller, so you can adapt their techniques. A kettle
grill with the big dome lid can work if you put something like a foil
wrapped tray of sand between the heat source and the meat. Use foil
wrapped packets of wood chips with a few holes poked in them, or one of
the cast metal wood chip smoker boxes on the coals for the heat.