Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Dave Allison Dave Allison is offline

Default high end red wine kits

For all kits, I follow the instructions, except for "topping up" after
stablizing, I add like wine instead (3-6 bottles to fill up my
secondary. IMHO this keeps the red wines strong, than if I added water.
For kits with skins - I do what it says - I believe kits are cook books,
not moon-landings. smile. when I use recipes, I experiment more.
(Just bottled a Cherry Port from recipe - and it has a ton of potential
in a year or so.)

DAve