Posted to rec.food.sourdough
atty atty is offline

Default Videos

> Here are a couple photos of the last 2 loaves in the 'featured' album:http://www.mikeromain.shutterfly.com
>
> There another photo of this type of French stick in my misc. cooking
> shots album. Photo #2.

Hi Mike,

I wouldn't say I am a purist but I think you must have missed Vince's
note about not slashing at right angles to the length of loaf and I
would have one or two other quibbles about whether your pics/loaves
can be termed baguette

maybe compare with
http://www.viamichelin.fr/viamicheli...ries-paris.htm

having said that one does have the strange dichotomy nowadays that
quite a few trendy artisanal pro bakers, in France and elsewhere, are
striving to produce loaves (including baguette) that have an obviously
handmade/homemade style, irregular width and shape etc. whilst us
amateurs strive for the opposite.

yours
atty