Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.current-events.bird-flu,sci.agriculture.poultry
Osvald Hotz De Baar Osvald Hotz De Baar is offline

Default Free-range chicken sales make front page news AND The campaign that changed the eating habits of a nation

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:04:45 -0000, "Jill"
> wrote:

>Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> ( _ /) wrote:
>>> Free-range chicken sales make front page news 28 Feb 08
>>> http://tinyurl.com/23ayep
>>> The welfare of chickens continues to be front page news as consumers
>>> become increasingly concerned about how standard chickens are raised.
>>>
>>> The front page of The Independent clearly highlights how more and
>>> more shoppers are switching to free-range chicken since discovering
>>> the reality of cheap chicken production.

>> Consumers discovered no such thing. Consumers are
>> notoriously susceptible to touch-feely propaganda.
>> "Free range" fits their romanticized notions of how
>> they imagine chickens "ought" to live. They haven't
>> really thought this through, and they don't really
>> understand what "free range" means, and what it doesn't
>> mean.

>Of the chicken meat sold there in the UK, there is still only 6% of free
>range chicken sold, and most of the growth had started in the back end of
>last year, not since a few telly bods started shouting.
>Less than 140,000 people have signed up for HFW campaign.
>36% of consumers are committed to intensively produced birds and intend to
>remain so.

Don't you just sound so proud when bragging about factory farming and
the suffering that involves.

Yet you would have us believe otherwise when trying to sell us
something!!

Tim and Jill Bowis
Kintaline Mill Farm, Benderloch,
OBAN Argyll
PA37 1QS Scotland

01631 720223

and the numerous £10 websites you run, some lying by claiming The
registrant is a non-trading individual, and deceiving people about
your real intentions of bullying and support for factory farming. Just
why do you need to be trading under so many different names if you're
not a slippery character?

these include
www.bowis.co.uk

Kintaline Poultry Centre
www.poultryscotland.co.uk

Domestic ducks
www.domesticducks.co.uk

Muscovy Ducks
www.muscovy.co.uk

buff orpington
www.bufforpington.co.uk

call ducks
www.callducks.co.uk

Poultry-books
www.poultry-books.co.uk

Welsh harlequin
www.welshharlequin.co.uk

Smallholder Shop
www.smallholdershop.co.uk

www.blackrockhens.co.uk

www.poultrylinks.co.uk

www.indian-runner.co.uk/

www.rouen-ducks.co.uk

www.obanfarmpark.co.uk

www.henhouses.co.uk

Not to mention Consultancy. Farm holidays. B&B,and possibly in excess
of fifty others. None of which are declared a business even though
they are. None declare a VAT number which of course you should and
some of which ask for payment via PayPal so all in all a very slippery
little enterprise you and Tim are running. I'm surprised you get time
for bullying seriously ill members of usenet and supporting factory
farming.

Looks like a very big glass house to me Jilly. Supposing one was to
suddenly find Nominet. The Tax Man etc were sniffing round after an
anonymous tip off? Imagine?

>If only HFT had thought about the subject, instead of knee jerk, emotive,
>illinformed and badly represented verbage.

That the thing he did. He exposed the lie about farming that you and
others are desperate to cover up. Factory Farming.

Slowly we are learning who Jill Bowis really is and it's not a pretty
picture.