Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
[email protected] govegan3@gmail.com is offline

Default Chipolte Salsa: Usable recipe?

As a way of making several meals fast I would make a big pot of black
beans and brown rice. Then I would stir in a 3 cup jar of chipolte
salsa. Instant "Spanish Rice & Beans".

The trouble it, salsa, especially chipolte salsa is getting pricey.
Depending on the brand I use the sauce can cost me about $6 - $8 a
pot. Still cheap considering the number of meals I get, but I would
like to be less wasteful with my money.

I found this easy recipe using cheap ingredients for chipolte salsa,
but it has no measurements and I am not a natural cook. I would be
more comfortable with measurements.

Can anyone help me by suggesting amounts of each ingredient to use? I
would like like to get 3 - 4 cups of salsa out of the resulting
recipe:

* Small can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
* Small can tomato sauce
* Garlic powdered
* Dried oregano

The directions are pretty much to mix all in a blender