Posted to rec.food.cooking
Adam Funk[_2_] Adam Funk[_2_] is offline

Default New breadmaker, different procedure.

On 2008-03-07, George Shirley wrote:

> I'm on my third breadmaker and all of them had the same restriction,
> wash pan by hand, inside only, not to go in the dishwasher. I took a pan
> on one of the old ones apart to see how it worked. The spindle is
> gasketed where it goes through the pan wall at the bottom and is lightly
> oiled at the factory. I assume from this that dishwasher use in cleaning
> the pan destroys the gasket, the spindle gets wobbly, there is leakage
> at the spindle and it gets worse from there.

The old breadmaker's manual definitely said the pan could go in the
dishwasher, but (as I think mentioned) I did replace it twice over 5
or 6 years.

It's worth pointing out that Morphy-Richards continued to supply
replacement pans at a reasonable price over that time (unlike Bosch,
who make good products but IME really gouge you on repairs and spare
parts).

> I can't comment on the method of Delay baking as I've never used it.
> I've been a House Husband since December 1991 and don't need no stinking
> delay. <VBG>

The main programs I use are at least 4 hours long, so even at weekends
I usually find it more convenient to load the machine in the evening
and set it to finish when I get up in the morning.

--
Classical Greek lent itself to the promulgation of a rich culture,
indeed, to Western civilization. Computer languages bring us