Dee Randall

Default rich, moist chocolate cake

Thanks for the information on the
http://www.saffron.com/
page

I've bought saffron from Penzy's and needed some more and bought it at a
global market about a month ago and haven't used it yet, tho. After I got
home and looked at it more closely, it did have some "white" in it and I
didn't have Penzy's to compare it with, but I couldn't recall Penzy's
saffron having white it in at all.

I see that saffron's page sells Iranian (you call Persian?), which I've
heard is the best -- I don't know. I've only used Spanish. On the page,
which amount do you buy or recommend. I keep my in a closed jar in the
refrigerator.

thanks,
Dee

"H. W. Hans Kuntze" > wrote in message
Dee Randall wrote:

>Nothing ever has enough of a chocolate taste to me, so
>[...]
>

>Does anyone use "chocolate extract" often or have a track record with it -

>'d be glad to hear any experience.

http://www.saffron.com/
But their Extract page is hard to find and is at.
http://www.theposter.com/extracts2.html

The brand is Golden Gate and i've been using them for years, excellent.
Shipping is free.
The extracts are extremely potent, use in moderation, especially the
butter pecan for Toll-House cookies.
IMHO much-much better than Pennzy's f.i. or the junk you find in
supermarkets.

BTW, their persian saffron is great too, best quality.

Although on Vanilla I use "La Vencadora" (hard to get, try Ebay)
straight from Mexico.
Some of the mexican vanilla is no good, "La Vencadora" is excellent.

--
Sincerly,

C=¦-)§ H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"