Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment
Adam Funk[_2_] Adam Funk[_2_] is offline

Default New breadmaker, different procedure.

I just got a new breadmaker (Panasonic) and noticed two pecularities
in the instructions (compared with the old one's).

(1a) The old instructions said (when using the delay timer) to put the
liquids, salt and sugar in, then the flour, and finally the yeast
on top, to keep the yeast separate until the mixing starts.

(1b) The new ones say to put the yeast in the bottom, cover it with
the flour, and then put everything else, including the liquids,
on top, to keep the yeast separate until the mixing starts.

To me, (a) seems more intuitively correct, but I've been
following (b) with the new one for several batches and had good
results. Any opinions?

(2) The instructions for the new one specifically say to wash the
inside of the pan only, and not to immerse it, so obviously it
can't go in the dishwasher. (The old one went in the dishwasher
every time; to be fair, I replaced the pan twice in four years
because the spindle started getting loose, but I don't think the
dishwasher was the cause and I'm sure I read the instructions
before I started doing it.)

Is this a common restriction on new breadmakers?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?