MrFalafel

Default Nutritional yeast and brewer yeast

(Jupiter) wrote in message . com>...
> In Britain people look strangely and say that they have just brewer
> yeast. Is it the same thing as nutritional yeast?
>
> Second question, where I can get it in Britain?
>
> PS. I do not have a vegan cat yet. In fact, I was just researching
> possibilities if it is possible for cat to be a vegan.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jupiter

No, brewers yeast is not at all like nutritional yeast. Don't be
tempted to try and cook with brewers yeast as the results will be
horrible!

Some larger independent wholefood stores in the UK sell 'Engevita
Nutirtional Yeast Flakes'. Or you can buy them on line at
http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-...il/579698.html

Cat's are natural carnivores so feeding a cat a veggie diet would be
against it's nature. Dogs, however, are natural omnivores so one could
consider giving a dog a veggie diet. That said there are many people
who feed their cats a veggie diet and do so healthily. I am very much
against this but you may want to read
http://www.veganpet.com.au/cats1.htm and http://www.vegpets.com/ for
more information.