Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
5tein 5tein is offline

Default Best Online Store for Chinese Teas (ship to US)?

On Mar 4, 4:56 pm, Shen > wrote:
> On Mar 4, 1:24 pm, 5tein > wrote:
>
> SpecialTeas are okay. I find Seven Cups expensive and Adagio the high
> end of mediocre (in general). The shops I mentioned are all in China
> and/or Taiwan. HoudeAsian has predictably excellent teas. Guang is in
> Texas.
> Happy sipping!
> Shen

I have liked Adagio's white teas, though never thought their black/red
teas compared to stuff I'd get even from TenRen. I just placed an
order with Jing's--great prices, but high shipping.

On a slightly unrelated note, my colleague is interested in green
teas--actually the Chinese tea I know _least_ about, and I started
talking about some basics, and it reminded me that I purchased some
fabulous tea near Lu Shan, Jiangxi province. The English translation
was Cloud Mist tea (my Chinese is rusty--yun wu?). I'm 99% sure it was
a green, though the flavor was similar to some whites I've enjoyed.
Anyone know of this tea or similar varieties?