Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Shen[_2_] Shen[_2_] is offline

Default Best Online Store for Chinese Teas (ship to US)?

On Mar 4, 11:15*am, Warren > wrote:
> Shen wrote:
> > On Mar 4, 9:34 am, 5tein > wrote:
> >> What's your opinion of the many online stores selling Chinese teas? *I
> >> have used several with varying outcomes.

> >> BTW, I'm new to this group and glad I found it. My primary interests
> >> are Chinese reds (esp. qimen) and whites, but I'm very interested in
> >> learning all about Indian teas, esp. darjeelings.

> >> Thanks!

> > I like TeaSpring, Jing's and a few eBay vendors who are honorable and
> > send good tea at fair prices - Yunnan Sourcing, of course, and Dragon
> > Tea House, Awazon, and China Health (?).
> > I always have great experiences (fast, careful shipping etc) with
> > TeaSpring and Jing's. Oh, and Touchatea (for puerhs only).
> > Qimens from Jing's are superior, especially "gift" and "gung fu"
> > quality.
> > Shen

> the touchatea website has some interesting items, but if you will pardon
> me for sounding like a noob, I was always under the impression that tea
> bricks were of fairly low quality. Is this not the case (i've tried a
> few cups over the years and was wildly unimpressed). are there actually
> pe erh bricks that are actually decent tea?
>
> --
> HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/The Sushi FAQ *...><((((º>
> HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiotaku/The Sushi Otaku Blog
> HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiyapedia/Sushi-Ya-Pedia Restaurant Finder
> HTTP://www.theteafaq.com/The Tea FAQ
> HTTP://www.jerkyfaq.com/The Jerky FAQ
> HTTP://www.omega3faq.com/The Omega 3 Fatty Acids FAQ- Hide quoted text -

Off-topic: No, no, no! It depends upon the tea - sheng, shu, where it
was manufactured and by whom, how old, how new! Go to www.pu-erh.net
Mike"s site will provide any info you need regarding pu-erh.
There are lots of criteria. Bricks are convenient, generally
economical and often just chock full of very, very good tea.
Shen