Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,uk.environment.conservation,uk.business.agriculture
Rudy Canoza[_3_] Rudy Canoza[_3_] is offline

Julie wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 08:26:40 -0800, Rudy Canoza
> > wrote:
>
>> Julie wrote:

>>> No. We have a choice?

>> Organic farming virtually requires animal manure. But
>> if "vegans" suppress animal husbandry, there won't be
>> any manure.

> Horse shit!!! is around in abundance.

There wouldn't be any horses if "vegans" were to
succeed in imposing their benighted regime on the rest
of us.

> In fact the world cannot give
> it away these days, more than enough to go round. Then we have seaweed
> etc

Requires more energy to harvest, transport and convert
into fertilizer than is put back into the soil.

> In fact we could always go back to what farming is really about.
> Farming and working with nature!

Farming is about farming - nice little tautology.

Farming is about people producing food to feed
themselves - the foods they want to eat, not the foods
some repressive self-styled "visionaries" think they
"ought" to be eating.