Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,uk.environment.conservation,uk.business.agriculture
Curtain Cider Curtain Cider is offline

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 12:09:36 +0000, Julie > wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:23:38 -0000, "Jim Webster"
> wrote:
>

>>"Tim Lamb" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> In message >, Jim Webster
>>>>

>>> I usually avoid mega-threads:-)
>>>
>>> Somewhere, way back up this one, is the assumption that all acres of land
>>> are equal and could produce average yields of Soya, Wheat beef etc.
>>>
>>> There is also the assumption that cereals and legumes can be grown without
>>> necessary rotation.

>>There is a strong underlying lack of knowledge about the practicality. I
>>know that there has been work done now with organic systems of rotation
>>which will get yields up to about the same as conventional, continuous
>>cereals, but only for two or three yields a decade when you have the cereal
>>crop, in the other years you tend to be using livestock to build up the
>>fertility.

>No Jim that's a blatant lie. When was the last time anyone saw
>livestock grazing on a well managed arable farm?
>
>To be honest it's quite a shock to see such deliberately misleading
>rubbish coming from a CLA employee. Perhaps we should ask the CLA if
>they would agree with you?
>
>If you are going to join in civil debate, try at least to be honest.

What's more disturbing is that on a farming newsgroup the other
farmers are not prepared to notice the blatant lies and deceit, yet
quite happy to participate in bullying the sick and vulnerable!! Is it
any wonder the farming community has gone from being highly respected
to being a laughing stock of contempt and laziness.

Boy you must be proud of yourselves!