Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Slippy Slippy is offline

Default Caffeine and someone who should know better

> Which is of course why you must increase the steep time, each time. I
> always thought I lost almost all the caffeine in the first steep. But

now,
> if those studies are right, it seems that you can get fairly consistent
> caffeine on subsequent steepings by increasing the time a minute or so

each
> time.

In fact, now that I mention it, I'd love to see an experiment where they
compare the caffeine in 4-5 different cups, all steeped from the same leaves
with the same amt of water. First steep is for (say) 2 minutes, second is
for 3 minutes, third is for 4, etc. I bet you'd get fairly consistent
caffeine in all the pours.