rick etter

Default Want to be a vegetarian

"Dutch" > wrote in message
> "LordSnooty" > wrote
> > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:14:06 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
> >
> > >"LordSnooty" > wrote
> > >
> > >[..]

> > >Grain fields are routinely soaked with Roundup to supress weeds. Try
> > >ingesting 1/1000 your bodyweight in Roundup.

> > That is why I regularly campaign against Monsanto and lazy farmers who
> > use the poison, and I buy organic, as well as grow your own. It's the
> > only way to go

> Organic farmers still use chemicals, they just use less of them.

===============
Some organic pesticides are very short-lived. great for residueless crops,
but some need to be sprayed more than once per growing season because of
that.
That spraying is still mechanized and fueled by the petro-chemical industry.

Very, very
> few vegans grow their own, and they still believe their diets are
> death-free.
>
> > So it looks like it may be the veggies in your meat and two veg diet,
> > that are causing the suffering after all.

> No, EVERYTHING does.

> > >What's accidental about using Roundup?

> > Nothing. It is a wanton act of abuse, not only on wildlife but on
> > humans too.

> Those "wanton acts of abuse" live in the history of virtually every

vegan's
> diet.

> > >There's no dispute that animal populations have been and and are still

> being
> > >decimated by herbicides and pesicides, these are not accidents.

> > Not in my diet.

> Bullshit.

Isn't denial just a wonderful thing to watch?