Dutch

Default Want to be a vegetarian

"LordSnooty" > wrote
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:14:06 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>
> >"LordSnooty" > wrote
> >> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:36:02 GMT, Jonathan Ball

> >[..]

> >> That's because it's a lie. You are deliberately confusing the odd
> >> accident,

> >Grain fields are routinely soaked with Roundup to supress weeds. Try
> >ingesting 1/1000 your bodyweight in Roundup.

> That is why I regularly campaign against Monsanto and lazy farmers who
> use the poison, and I buy organic, as well as grow your own. It's the
> only way to go

Organic farmers still use chemicals, they just use less of them. Very, very
few vegans grow their own, and they still believe their diets are
death-free.

> So it looks like it may be the veggies in your meat and two veg diet,
> that are causing the suffering after all.

No, EVERYTHING does.

> >> with the deliberate slaughter of animals to produce food.

> >What's accidental about using Roundup?

> Nothing. It is a wanton act of abuse, not only on wildlife but on
> humans too.

Those "wanton acts of abuse" live in the history of virtually every vegan's
diet.

> >> It
> >> simply doesn't happen in vegetable production, whereas in meat
> >> production there is no dispute.

> >There's no dispute that animal populations have been and and are still

being
> >decimated by herbicides and pesicides, these are not accidents.

> Not in my diet.

Bullshit.

> >You're in denial.

> You are struggling to find a desperate shred of credibility for your
> nonsense argument.

I don't have to struggle at all, the truth is very easy to support.