swamp

Default Want to be a vegetarian

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:16:25 -0400, LordSnooty
> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:21:59 GMT, swamp >
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:20:23 GMT, frlpwr > wrote:
>>
>>>Jon wrote:
>>>
>>>(snip)

>>>Why do you refuse to be corrected on this point?
>>>
>>>The above should go like this:
>>>
>>> If I eat meat, I cause farmed animals to suffer and die.
>>>
>>> I do not eat meat;
>>>
>>> Therefore, I do not cause farmed animals to suffer and die.

>>As long as we're shooting for accuracy, it should be:
>>
>>If I eat meat, I cause farmed animals to suffer and die.
>>
>>I do not eat meat, therefore, I do not cause farmed animals to suffer
>>and die,

>Very good.
>
>>and make this point because it helps me ignore the death and
>>suffering my own diet causes.

>What death and suffering?

That caused by your very existence.

>you have scientific, peer reviewed data that
>a particular company, farm, product is a direct cause of wildlife
>deaths?

The peer-reviewed study you suggest is about as necessary as one
showing starvation will cause starvation.

>if so, show them and we can analyze your proof. Nothing allows
>us to ignore any deaths of animals or humans.

But you do so every day. "Lordsnooty." my...

>>Demonizing others is less painful than accepting my own role in life
>>and death.

I'll respond to the following rant point by point:

>You demonize yourselves...

Who is "yourselves," and I predict you'll misuse the word "demonize"
even after you check a reference.

> and simply cannot stand the fact

Since when have you dealt w/ facts?

>there actually are some nice, caring people out there, who do things for the
>benefits of others and nothing else

That's rare among ar/evs. Can you name one?

>, even so, since when has feeling
>good about oneself been a crime?

When it requires hurting others.

>Snip it there, KISS.

Doubt you'll like where I'll let you put it. Refer to the my... above.

>'You can't win 'em all.'
>Lord Haw Haw.

I'm not looking to win, but your record's worse than the Cubs',

--swamp