Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jo Anne Jo Anne is offline

Default Whip Egg Whites with Stick Blender

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:21:11 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> I only have a regular stick blender - no whisk attachment. Can
>> it be used to whip egg white into stiff peaks for a souffle?
>>
>> I'm too much of a wimp to do it by hand.
>>
>> -sw

>You need to beat air into the whites to get the stiff peaks; the stick
>blender is a chopper. Do you have a hand beater? That's what we used to
>use back in the good old days when I was a kid and making egg nog by the
>glass.

I do not own an electric mixer of any type. For 35 years, I've been
beating egg whites and whipping cream with my rotary hand mixer. I
find it takes about 1 1/2 minutes to get the egg whites to stiff
peaks.

Jo Anne