C. James Strutz

Default Want to be a vegetarian

"Useless Subject" > wrote in message

> C. James Strutz wrote:
> >>How do you justify the deaths of animals, birds, and fish from the use
> >>of heavy machinery, pesticides (even in organic farming), storage, and
> >>transportation? The only thing that changes in a veg-n diet is that one
> >>no longer EATS animal parts. That does nothing to change the fact that
> >>animals still die horrid deaths from flooded fields, pesticide use,
> >>being run over by combines and other farm machinery, etc.

> > There are many times more collateral deaths resulting from crop

production
> > for the cattle industry than it would take to feed an equivalent number

of
> > people directly.

> Answer the question, moron. The question was, How do you justify the
> suffering and deaths of all kinds of animals in the production of veg-n
> food as well as meat? If you consider a veg-n diet to be of a higher
> moral or ethical dimension than a meat-based diet, it should matter to
> you that your diet is qualitatively and quantitatively responsible for
> pain, suffering, and death, just like any other diet.

Vegan and vegetarian lifestyle contributes less to pain, suffering, and
death of animals. MOst know there will always be some animal casualties no
matter what choices they make.

> http://www.animalrights.net/articles/2002/000083.html

I read this article and it doesn't even consider the HUGE agricultural
industry that supports the production of cattle for meat and which also
contributes to the same collateral animal deaths. It also doesn't say
anything about the author, the professor who was quoted, or who funded his
work. The website is one that is devoted to discrediting the animal rights
movement, hardly a credible source from which to convince any vegan or
vegetarian of anything. What were you thinking?? Oh, I guess you weren't....

> >>Your heart doesn't think, it only bleeeeeeeeeeeeeds.

> > At least I have a heart...

> Your mamby-pamby notions are not a matter of having a "heart." It's the
> result of not growing up.

If you're an example of what it's like to be "grown up" then I'm quite happy
the way I am.

>>>You have no creativity. None. Remember?

> > I have a lot of creativity.

> See your stupidly conceived cookbook thread.

I did (http://tinyurl.com/rxg7). I wrote that cookbooks are a source of
ideas for me. Go back and read it to refresh your apparently faulty memory.

> >>What's the bloody point in eating something that's supposed to look,
> >>taste, and/or feel like something you *won't* eat? Hypocrite!

> > Conscience, something you wouldn't know about.

> So it's okay that animals die in the production of your soy burgers, and
> it's okay that your soy burger smells, tastes, and feels just like a
> real dead ground cow burger. The fact remains that you haven't lost your
> appetite for the real thing, which is why you seek out substitutes. Your
> conscience is phony.

West that he might transition to vegetarian diet through meat alternative
products. I never wrote that I eat them myself. Either you can't read well
or you don't remember things well.