Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Pasta Express Machine any good? Worth it?

In article >,
Anthony Ferrante > wrote:

> I appreciate your input, but I know the way you like to make fresh
> pasta requires much more work. Is the taste difference that noticeable
> to make worth all that effort?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

Anthony, I've used both an extruder (an attachment to my Kitchen-Aid
mixer) and a roller. I've had success with both. I think it's a lot
harder to get the consistency of the dough right for using with an
extruder than for using with a roller.

I've looked at the Pasta Express machine (not the pasta cooker) and it
looks swell. If you get one, be sure you are prepared to follow the
measuring instructions exactly.

As far as "all that effort," I don't mind the effort for some things.
YMMV. Good luck with it and I hope you'll tell us how it works out for
you.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; I Think I've Seen it All, 2/24/2008