Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi[_2_] Giusi[_2_] is offline

Default Pasta Express Machine any good? Worth it?

"Anthony Ferrante"
> I appreciate your input, but I know the way you like to make fresh
> pasta requires much more work. Is the taste difference that noticeable
> to make worth all that effort?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

What you can extrude at home is not really pasta asciutta. It's too loose
and grainy and won't ever be equal to what you can buy, let alone what you
can make and roll.
If you want to make eggfree pasta use semolina hard wheat, water and oil per
recipe usually on the packages in the US. Knead as directed then roll using
the roller. You can then make all kinds if shapes from the dough. Just
look at a pasta shapes website and you'll see many that can be handformed
from sheets of dough.

Then dry them and you have pasta asciutta that's good. It won't be perfect,
but that's good, right?

By using various rods, you can even make tubular shapes... now that takes a
while.--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com