frlpwr

Default Want to be a vegetarian

wrote:

> frlpwr wrote:
>
> > Jon wrote:
> >
> > (snip)
> >

> >>"vegans", or so-called
> >>"ethical vegetarians", engage in a classic logical
> >>fallacy: Denying the Antecedent. It runs like this:
> >>
> >> If I eat meat, I cause animals to suffer and die.
> >>
> >> I do not eat meat;
> >>
> >> Therefore, I do not cause animals to suffer and die.

> > Why do you refuse to be corrected on this point?
> >
> > The above should go like this:
> >
> > If I eat meat, I cause farmed animals to suffer and die.

> Because that's not the thinking, and it would be absurd
> to think it could be.

I would be absurd to think otherwise. As I said in the snipped portion
of my previous post, no vegan thinks her diet effects the suffering and
dying of shelter animals, circus animals, animals displaced by human
development, laboratory animals, animals killed in vehicular
accidents,etc..
The insertion of the silly