Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default '05 Baudry Chinon: Slight change of subject to Loire 2005?

On Feb 28, 9:27�am, wrote:
> Hi
>
> (been lurking for a while) thanks for the notes on the Chinon. I've
> been hearing some v good things about the vintage and what's been
> posted by people here seems to confirm that. Can't wait to try sme of
> these.. I've been reading various reviews on the Loire 2005s and
> noticed something curious: Ch de Hureau, whose Saumur-Champignys seem
> very nice, does not get a mention by jacqueline Friederich nor for
> that matter in the Wine Advocate, it is glowingly reviewed by Jancis
> Robinson and Decanter. I have had a few bottles of their Fevettes
> (2002?) which were rather nice, and wondered if people over here had
> any of the 2005s? Is there some backstory to this ommission by JF and
> WA? On a not unrelated note has anyone tasted any of the sweet 2005s
> from Vouvray?
>
> Thanks
> bogan

I confess to not knowing who Jacqueline Friederich is.
Not surprising. WA doesn't have the widest coverage of Loire, though
having David S. on board should improve situation. I also think Hureau
doesn't have the widest distribution in US- I've heard good things,
but never actually had one in memory.
But there are prominent estates in many regions that are missed by
some reviewers - occasionally there's a hidden story, but it's mostly
just a function of time for visits and tastings. Reviewers have to
make choices (partially influenced by personal tastes).