Posted to alt.food.wine
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default '05 Baudry Chinon: Slight change of subject to Loire 2005?

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 06:27:48 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

> Hi
>
> (been lurking for a while) thanks for the notes on the Chinon. I've
> been hearing some v good things about the vintage and what's been
> posted by people here seems to confirm that. Can't wait to try sme of
> these.. I've been reading various reviews on the Loire 2005s and
> noticed something curious: Ch de Hureau, whose Saumur-Champignys seem
> very nice, does not get a mention by jacqueline Friederich nor for
> that matter in the Wine Advocate, it is glowingly reviewed by Jancis
> Robinson and Decanter. I have had a few bottles of their Fevettes
> (2002?) which were rather nice, and wondered if people over here had
> any of the 2005s? Is there some backstory to this ommission by JF and
> WA? On a not unrelated note has anyone tasted any of the sweet 2005s
> from Vouvray?
>
> Thanks
> bogan

Hi Bogan,

I can't speak for the reviewers, but I bought 18 bottles of the regular cuvee
direct without tasting. I tasted one rather too quickly, it was very closed. Will
probably revisit soon enough, as I noticed recently some 05 La Perruche SC also
coming around a little.

I rather regret not having ordered a case of the Lisagathe, which Vatan histrionically
declared "the wine of his lifetime." But I do think he's been exaggerating the
pricing, unfortunately.

Haven't tasted any 05 Vouvray yet but no reason to think it's not an exceptional
millisime there too.

-E

--
Emery Davis