Posted to alt.food.wine
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default '05 Baudry Chinon

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:36:08 -0500
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> DaleW wrote:
>
> > Whoddathunk, both of drinking Baudry at same time. This sounds more
> > serious, and just as tasty. Thanks

> Did you have a Baudry Chinon? I must've missed it.

Santiago and I tasted both Les Granges and La Croix Boisee recently with
the Baudry family. I didn't get any barnyard from les Granges, although I
concur about the green notes. The proof is I bought the latter but not
the former, although the prices were, um, somewhat less inflated.

I think la Croix Boisee will really benefit from 5 years or so in the cellar.
We had a bottle not too long ago but it never opened up.

As great minds apparently think of Chinon concurrently, we had a
2005 Le Ligre 2 nights ago, bought to drink while the Lamberts and Baudrys
rest. The 2nd bottle I've tried, the first a completely closed book, this one
opened into a warm, round Chinon with lots of backbone. A pleasure.

(Salil, a 2005 Chinon that was thin may have some more serious problems.
You might want to try another.)

-E

--
Emery Davis