Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] is offline

Default Whip Egg Whites with Stick Blender

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 03:01:07 GMT, Sqwertz >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>I only have a regular stick blender - no whisk attachment. Can
>it be used to whip egg white into stiff peaks for a souffle?
>
>I'm too much of a wimp to do it by hand.

Need more information. What type of stick blender? I have an older
(ca. 1998) Cuisinart cordless immersion blender that might be good for
scrambling eggs, but would not rise to whipping egg whites. Do you not
have a hand or stand mixer (or was this question answered when you
stated: "I only have a regular stick blender")? Even an old rotary
beater, IMHO, wouldn't make the *stiff* peaks you're likely looking
for. I don't know how anyone achieved this prior to the invention of
the electric mixer, although a quick look seems to argue that
meringues, say, have been around since the 16th century.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"