Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Whip Egg Whites with Stick Blender

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> I only have a regular stick blender - no whisk attachment. Can
> it be used to whip egg white into stiff peaks for a souffle?
>
> I'm too much of a wimp to do it by hand.
>
> -sw

You need to beat air into the whites to get the stiff peaks; the stick
blender is a chopper. Do you have a hand beater? That's what we used to
use back in the good old days when I was a kid and making egg nog by the
glass.

Then again, I might be all wet, but i don't think so. Dare you try it
with, say, one egg white and see what happens?
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; I Think I've Seen it All, 2/24/2008