Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Quick and dirty fish recipe.

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Priscilla H. Ballou" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Ozgirl" > wrote:
> >
> >> Yes. the salsa or tomatoes stop the fish drying out I find.

> > I've said here before and will probably say again that one of my
> > favorites is catfish filets baked in salsa. I had that just last
> > Friday night. YUM!

> When you say Salsa, do you mean home made or the stuff in a jar you dip
> corn chips into? My home made salsa is raw.

As is mine.

Nick's Salsa Verde

1 pound tomatillos
2 or more Serrano and/or other chiles
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro
salt
1 teaspoon sugar or Splenda
1 to 10 cloves garlic, peeled (optional)
avocado (optional for Tex-Mex style)

Remove dry paperlike skins from tomatillos. Coarsely puree uncooked
tomatillos, chiles, green onions, cilantro leaves, (avocado) and garlic in
food processor or blender. Season with salt to taste and add 1 teaspoon
sugar or Splenda. Serve with soft tacos or burritos and as a dip for corn
chips. Also wonderful with fish, fried chicken, pan fried pork chops, and
pan fried potatoes.

This sauce is also great with grilled tortillas filled with slices of Jack
cheese, a few strips of green chiles, and a few epazote leaves (about 2 per
serving). Heat griddle or skillet. Put the filling on one corn tortilla,
top with a second tortilla, and press down on the "package" with something
heavy while grilling on top of the stove. To serve, set the cheese-filled
tortillas flat on the plate, smother with this sauce, and eat with a fork.
A great substitute for grilled cheese sandwiches! Recipe from "Mexican
Family Cooking"

My Thai daughter makes a dynamite raw red salsa, but, like her mother,
won't divulge her recipe. ;-/

Catfish is one my favorites.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~