Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Quick and dirty fish recipe.

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > This is a very simple fish dish great for weeknights adn for a change
: > from plain broiled fish.
: >
: > fish, either thick or thin. I have used tilapia, salmon o whtever is
: > cheap at the fishman.
: >
: > Lemon- about 1/2
: >
: > sliced onions
: >
: > Sliced green or other colored pepper
: >
: > Salt and Pepper
: >
: > Salsa of a hotness you enjoy.
: >
: > Put the fish in a microwave safe pan and squeeze lemon juice al over it.
: > Add the sliced onions and peppers, salt and pepper and spread them around.
: > pour on some salsa, enough to jsut cover the fish and vegetables, cover
: > the pan with plastic wrap(well about the level of he food) and microwave
: > unti done. naturally, the thin fish will cook sooner than the thick, so
: > check every few minutes. If you put in enough onions and peppers, it an
: > be a one dish meal alonge wiwth a salad adn bread adn butter for the
: > non-diabetics in your family.

: Along with the onions and peppers I add cracked pepper, mushrooms and
: crushed (canned) tomatoes. I just cook up some veggies to go with it.
I prefer to use more salsa, which has lots of tomato, but the mushrooms
are a good idea, as is the cracked pepper. I generally just use freshly
ground black pepper in all my cooking.

Wendy