Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default A STRONG cookie press/dough extruder?

wrote:

> On Feb 24, 5:26 pm, "Pete C." > wrote:
> > wrote:
> >
> > Use a meat grinder with a sausage stuffer nozzle. With the sausage
> > nozzles for the Kitchen Aid grinder attachment, your options are 3/8" or
> > 5/8" which should be close enough.

> I'll have to look into that, since I use a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer.
> Thanks for the idea (although it looks like it'd be a bit more money
> than I was hoping to spend).

Once you try grinding your own meats fresh and see the huge difference
it makes you'll consider it money well spent. Try making some sausage
and there is even more justification.

> There's one thing that concerns me, though: wouldn't the grinder
> mechanism cut the dough up into little pieces before extruding it? I'd
> really rather avoid doing that.

The sausage stuffer horns come with a piece that installs in place of
both the cutter blade and the hole plate. All it does is use the auger
screw to force the material out through the horn.