Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default A STRONG cookie press/dough extruder?

In article
wrote:

> I would like to purchase a moderately-priced cookie press to use in
> making pretzels at home. I need to extrude a round "rope" about a half
> inch in diameter. I'm sure there's any number of cookie presses that
> can do this--but the problem here is that unlike cookie dough, the
> pretzel dough is very "stiff" and would require a fair amount of force
> (and sturdy apparatus) to extrude. I'm not sure a run-of-the-mill
> cookie press would be up to the task. Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks in advance.

That sounds like an industrial machine, Dave. A specialty item built
for a business. Cookie presses are designed for use with soft butter
cooky dough; pretzels are from yeast dough - bread dough - at least the
soft pretzels -- is that what you're making?
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com;pics of my no-knead bread posted