Posted to rec.food.cooking
enigma[_2_] enigma[_2_] is offline

Default burned on oil

Sqwertz > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 15:36:01 +0000 (UTC), enigma wrote:
>
>> i was getting ready to brown the beef for stew yesterday &
>> was distracted away from the kitchen. so... i have a new
>> stainless steel pot with burnt on oil. is there a way to
>> remove it & will the pot be forever burning stuff now?
>> boiling baking soda in it did nothing.
>> lee

> We've only had this thread twice (now three times) in the
> last 3 weeks.

the one i saw was aluminum cookie sheets... which are not the
same as stainless steel pots. different cleaning techniques.
at any rate, i soaked the pot in vinegar for a few hours,
then scrubbed the rest out with BarKeeper's Friend & it looks
just fine again. we'll see if it burns things when i next cook
in it.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair