Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] electronic_dave@hotmail.com is offline

Default A STRONG cookie press/dough extruder?

I would like to purchase a moderately-priced cookie press to use in
making pretzels at home. I need to extrude a round "rope" about a half
inch in diameter. I'm sure there's any number of cookie presses that
can do this--but the problem here is that unlike cookie dough, the
pretzel dough is very "stiff" and would require a fair amount of force
(and sturdy apparatus) to extrude. I'm not sure a run-of-the-mill
cookie press would be up to the task. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.