Radical Moderate

Default Facts we should *not* consider.

Gary Beckwith wrote:

> rick etter wrote:
>
>>>========================
>>>

>>Some are. Some are slaughtered right on the farms at smaller operations.
>>But, the fact still remains, they die a far more humane death than the
>>animals that die for your cheap, conveninet veggies.
>>

> can someone tell me what the heck you are talking about? that is
> ludicrous. you people keep saying this but have not substantiated it a
> single time. what animals are dying by the production of this organic
> carrot in my hand?

Vegetables are almost invariably harvested by machines. Small field
animals get caught up and killed in the process. Rice harvest is the
worst offender, since many of the animals can't effectively escape. The
more 'organic' the operation, the more little critters there are; this
is good in a way as it reflects a healthier ecosystem, but it also means
more mice in the gears...

It's called the Law of Unintended Effects. And that doesn't even
include pest control.