Dutch

Default Facts we should *not* consider.

"frlpwr" > wrote

[..]
> Conservation minded farmers use low-till or no-till systems. Anyone
> concerned about wildlife and the environment should be careful to
> purchase products from farmers using sound conservation practices.

Low-till/no-till has become popular in the region where our land is. We
don't use it because it requires soaking the fields with Roundup after
harvest to supress the weeds.

Even
> the USDA recognizes the all-around benefits of conservation farming

and
> offers economic incentives to farmers who go easy on the land and the
> animals living on it.

No-till farming isn't easy on the land in my opinion. It means less soil
erosion from wind, but without tilling, weeds take over the field,
meaning more herbicides are needed. I don't know if the USDA has
factored that into it's analysis.

[..]