Shitbag Slater

Default Facts we should *not* consider.

wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:58:08 GMT, Gary Beckwith > wrote:
>

>>> Veg*nism itself does nothing to help animals, regardless of
>>>what other things a person does.

>>you can twist the facts any way you want. most vegans have a lifestyle,
>>not just an eating habit. what's your point?

> It's always the same. People who want to contribute to decent lives
> for farm animals with their lifestyle should NOT become veg*ns, but
> they should become more conscientious consumers.

It's always the same: you are not really talking about
"decent lives for farm animals", ****wit. You are
talking about trying to persuade "vegans" that they
"ought" to eat meat, in order to cause more farm
animals to "get to experience life". You are perfectly
transparent, ****wit, and this is why your stupid trick
doesn't work.

This is why your hypocrisy matters, ****wit: YOU
obviously do not want to contribute to "decent lives"
for farm animals, because you are not a conscientious
consumer.

> If there were any
> veg*ns around who really cared about animals, they would point that
> out themselves and there would be no reason for me to keep doing
> it.

There are lots of "vegans" around who really care about
animals, ****wit. They are misguided in their caring,
but they really do care.

It is not inconsistent for them to think that farm
animals ought not to exist.

>>the fact is that for every pound of beef produced, hundreds of pounds of
>>grain must be grown and hundreds of gallons of water are wasted. The
>>entire earth could live off the grain and water that is wasted to feed
>>cattle. get your facts straight. you are completely wrong on this
>>one. do you know how many pounds of grain and gallons of water are
>>required to raise that head of beef that makes 500 servings?

> Grass raised beef is not raised on grain.

Most beef is not grass-only raised beef. Most beef
involves grain consumption.

>>I don't even see why you're trying to make this case. go ahead and eat
>>meat if you want to. it's a personal choice. Why do you have to tell
>>other people they are wrong for making personal decisions that differ

>>from yours?

> I point out things that people who really care about their influence
> on animals should be interested in.

No, mostly you point out something that is utterly
irrelevant: that farm animals "get to experience life".

There is no reason for anyone to think about that at
all when deciding whether or not farm animals should
continue to be bred.