rick etter

Default Facts we should *not* consider.

"Gary Beckwith" > wrote in message

> Jonathan Ball wrote:
>

> > > now, i have to take particular issue with your portrayal of the meat
> > > industry providing a good life for many animals. That simply is NOT
> > > true. The vast majority of animals raised for meat live HORRIBLE
> > > lives. They are confined to very small areas, pumped with hormones,
> > > body parts removed, and killed in very painful and inhumane ways.

> > Prove any of this. Get busy.
> >

> I don't have to prove it, there are dozens of books already written,
> with photos, first hand accounts from farmers, etc. read Diet for A New
> America.

==============
Yes, you do. You made a claim about meat. Starnge that I see the cows that
I end up eating roaming the fields right down the road day and night.
Never seen tham in a stall, since there are none. never seen them in a
crate, since there are none. So, come on, prove to me that these cows are
just a figment of my imagination, and that your so-called proof isn't just
the same trumped up stuff shown over and over and over....

> > > Do you
> > > know how a beef cattle is killed? Look it up, it's disgusting. I

know,
> > > I live in farm country and I see it every day.

> > Beef cattle are not slaughtered in farm country. Stop
> > lying.

> My point was not about WHERE they are slaughtered, it is about HOW. The
> WHERE has nothing to do with it.
> ========================

Some are. Some are slaughtered right on the farms at smaller operations.
But, the fact still remains, they die a far more humane death than the
animals that die for your cheap, conveninet veggies.

> > > Even dairy cows are
> > > often confined to indoor barns and never get to roam. I drive by a
> > > dairy farm almost every day, that is basically a huge metal building
> > > full of cows that can't even turn around. I've never seen them let
> > > outside in years.

> > You've never been inside the building, either, so you
> > don't know what you're talking about.

> > > your #7 is outrageous. what exactly are you thinking of? A vegetable
> > > crop that kills more animals than meat?

> > Fields are disced, and when the crops are harvested,
> > heavy machinery again drives through the fields,
> > killing animals.

> killing what animals? the bugs in the soil? this is rediculous.

=======================
No, ignorant fool. mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, and amphibians. Are you
really that stupid as to have to ask?
Now, if you want to discuss bugs, let's go right ahead. what do you think
they are? Mineral? Seem like live creatures to me though.
Want to add them to your 'account' of death and suffering of living
creatures just so that YOU can live a selfish, convenient lifestyle?

Here are some sites, with info on specific areas and
pesticides.
http://www.abcbirds.org/pesticides/pesticideindex.htm
http://www.pmac.net/summer-rivers.html
http://www.pmac.net/fishkill.htm
http://www.pmac.net/summer-rivers.html
http://www.pmac.net/bird_fish_CA.html
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Pn36/pn36p3.htm
http://www.wwfcanada.org/satellite/p...feFactSheet.pd

Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/

To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
/natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html

To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple
dealing with power and communications.
http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
http://www.towerkill.com/index.html