usual suspect

Default Facts we should *not* consider.

Gary Beckwith wrote:
> whatever, I find it quite odd that people who eat meat have the time to
> criticize people who don't even though it has nothing to do with them.

I don't eat meat. I also don't consume dairy or eggs. Shatters your
illusion, huh.

> it's just like being environmental, and recycling.

No, it isn't.

> I've heard people say it's a waste of time to recycle because there's
> so much garbage.

Who cares what you've heard? Most of the people I know DO recycle. It
has nothing at all to do with this thread, but I know you're out of ammo
now that you've been called out on your country boy claims.

> Or why buy an electric car,

Shit, with the cost of electricity in my city? No way I'd ever get an
electric car. If everyone (since you seem to like such thoughts) had an
electric car, we'd have to build more nuclear power plants to keep up
with electrical demand. You want more nuclear power? Or want us to burn
more coal and natural gas (the two main non-nuke sources of energy in
the US)? Funny, you leftists seem to want us to use less energy.

> or use solar panels on your house, when it won't
> really make a difference.

Irrelevant, Gary. Solar panels are only cost-effective for certain
situations.

> The truth is, that if everyone ate vegetarian, there would be enough
> food to feed the entire world.

That is not the truth. There is enough food to feed the entire world
already. The problem lies in distribution.

> and if everyone used renewable energy
> our planet would be inhabitable in 100 years.

The planet will still be inhabitable in 500 years. Stop getting your
talking points from failed policy wonks. The assholes feeding you this
nonsense, like Paul Ehrlich, were the ones who said we'd go to another
ice age. They were wrong about the coming ice age, they're wrong about
everything else now that they've changed their minds.

> I didn't start this discussion.

You participated.

> I don't go out of my way to tell people they should or shouldn't
> do anything.

You made claims which you failed to support with evidence. The best
you've done is make reference to one book written by an activist.
Where's your evidence from mainstream sources?

> You can eat all the meat you want.

I don't eat any.

> But don't litter this newsgroup with lies and point the finger at
> people who are making personal decisions that have nothing to do with
> yours.

Whoa, wait one ****ing minute. You're the one who's made unsupported
claims. You do not get a pass by calling others liars without supporting
your own assertions. That's really pathetic. As for finger-pointing, wtf
are you doing to me? Loser.

PS: Quit top-posting and go back and respond point-by-point to what I
wrote, country boy.