Gary Beckwith

Default Facts we should *not* consider.

Jonathan Ball wrote:

> > now, i have to take particular issue with your portrayal of the meat
> > industry providing a good life for many animals. That simply is NOT
> > true. The vast majority of animals raised for meat live HORRIBLE
> > lives. They are confined to very small areas, pumped with hormones,
> > body parts removed, and killed in very painful and inhumane ways.

> Prove any of this. Get busy.

I don't have to prove it, there are dozens of books already written,
with photos, first hand accounts from farmers, etc. read Diet for A New
America.

> > Do you
> > know how a beef cattle is killed? Look it up, it's disgusting. I know,
> > I live in farm country and I see it every day.

> Beef cattle are not slaughtered in farm country. Stop
> lying.

My point was not about WHERE they are slaughtered, it is about HOW. The
WHERE has nothing to do with it.

> > Even dairy cows are
> > often confined to indoor barns and never get to roam. I drive by a
> > dairy farm almost every day, that is basically a huge metal building
> > full of cows that can't even turn around. I've never seen them let
> > outside in years.

> You've never been inside the building, either, so you
> don't know what you're talking about.

> > your #7 is outrageous. what exactly are you thinking of? A vegetable
> > crop that kills more animals than meat?

> Fields are disced, and when the crops are harvested,
> heavy machinery again drives through the fields,
> killing animals.

killing what animals? the bugs in the soil? this is rediculous.